Welcome to our church family. We invite you to come visit and consider joining fellowship with us.
Pastor McBurrows, First Lady Augustine McBurrows, Daughter Erica Joy McBurrows
1877 - PRESENT
Upon this rock..." organized on May 1, 1867, a church was established, with a gift of land, in the year of our Lord 1877 on the 25th day of November, the early pioneers of Dallas, (J. W. Allen, L.B. Bryant, J. L. Jones, J.C. Carter and H.A. Braswell, Trustees of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church), a parcel of land was deeded for the price of forty dollars ($40.00) was acknowledged, was granted, bargain, sold, alien, convey and confirmed unto the said Trustees by Francis M. Gann, recorded April 13, 1887. This church was known as "Shilow" Baptist Church, an offspring of Mars Hill Church. The pioneers cut the timber and hewed the logs with their own hands; "SHILOW" was built and is still around today. It is recorded on the City of Dallas land plot map, the original name and spelling of the church was "SHILOW," but eventually somewhere along the way the spelling was changed to "SHILOH."
During the construction of the wooden structure, believers were added and the congregation grew as they worshipped. The people kept coming and their faith kept growing. Some of the few that heard a call to lead the congregation within its walls were Reverends Rev. Joseph Wilson, Rev. R. W. Watkins, Rev. J. Henderson, Rev. Jones, Rev. Collins, Rev. W. A. Moreland, Rev. J. T. Tanner, Rev. P. H. Howard, Rev. J. P. Powder, Rev. Joseph Wilson, Rev. R.W. Watkins, Rev. J. Henderson, Rev. W.. A. Moreland, Rev. J. T. Tanner, Rev. P. H. Howard, and Rev. J. P. Powder. As the congregation began to grow, God sent Rev. W. A. Bowens and his wife Virginia, whose ultimate goal was to build a new church home. The unexpected death of Rev. Barnes delayed the vision. Rev. Barnes was the pastor of Shiloh for over 26 years.
In May, 1980, from Atlanta came Rev. Johnny E. McBurrows, a member and associate pastor of the St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, installed on May 11, 1980, along with his wife Augustine and daughter Erica Joy. At the time, Shiloh was meeting one Sunday a month and gradually added a second, third, and fourth Sunday service as the church membership grew.
With new ideas, goals and challenges accepted by the congregation, a vision by Pastor McBurrows came into being... to build a new home for this church and in 1985, a Ground Breaking Ceremony was held. After consulting several companies about the demolition of the old church and the limitation of financial funds, the old sanctuary was demolished by hand...brick by brick.... with the sweat of our loyal and dedicated members: Sister Lillie M. Watts, Myrtle Watts, Jackie Sexton, Lois McCullough, Willie Mae Copeland; Deacons Claude Copeland, James Watts, Jackie Sexton, Lois McCullough, Willie Mae Copeland; Deacons Claude Copeland, James Watts, Robert Westmoreland, Samuel Williams and our Pastor, Rev. Johnny E. McBurrows, worship services were held at the Dallas Library until completion of the church.
The new church facility was completed in 1986 with stained glass windows, a steeple, an indoor baptism pool, a choir room, a pastor's study, a church library dedicated in the memory of the late Deacon E. W. Arney; and the completion and dedication of the fellowship hall in memory of Sister Jackie Sexton. Over the years various expansions and renovations have accommodated a growing congregation. With greater visions, higher goals and fresh ideas, Shiloh experienced a new-found freedom and began to grow spiritually, physically, and financially.
Under the pastor's leadership over the past years, we have been blessed with a total of 19 ordained sons of the church:
Rev. Frederick Williams, Pastor - First Baptist Church of Millen, GA; Rev. George Kinyanjui, Bible Teacher - Grace Brethren Christian School - Maryland; Rev. Sam Elliott; Rev. Akintola Lakeru; Rev. Josh Sims; Rev. Felix M. Robey; Rev. Eddie Walter; Rev. Robert Bryant, Pastor - Mars Hill Baptist Church, Dallas, GA; Rev. Donald McBurrows; Rev. James Warren, Sr., Pastor - El Bethel Christian Church, Dallas, GA; Rev. Raymirron Jones; Rev. Andre' Hayden; Rev. Samuel Williams; Rev. Ernest Baulding; Rev. Willie T. Pullen, III, Former Pastor - Walk of Faith Church, College Park, GA; Rev. Reginald Stafford, Assistant Pastor, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, 2016; Rev. Robert Dickson; Rev. A. J. Wimberly; Rev. Reginald Williams; Rev. Frank V. Johnson, Sr,